Medical Social Worker - South Dublin
Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin
- € 21.41 - 31.12 Per week
- Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 8 Sep 2020
- 5 Mar 2021
Medical Social Worker part-time, South Co. Dublin
Social Worker required for part-time locum assignent working in busy Social Work dept of an acute hospital, South Co. Dublin
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide a Medical Social Work service with a focus on the immediate management of vulnerable and at risk patients including:.
- Assessing and safeguarding older persons and vulnerable adults, at risk of or experiencing abuse.
- Responding to victims of domestic, sexual or gender based violence.
- MSW can provide social work assessment and intervention services in cases of deliberate self-harm and problem alcohol and substance misuse.
- Frequent non-emergent attendees
- Frail Older Adults
- Trauma work
- Bereavement support
- Follow up of patients to the wards following hospital admission from the Emergency Department may be required in some circumstances
- Assisting with discharge planning and post discharge support services
- A recognised qualification in Social Work with CORU registration
- Ideally some medical Social Work experience is desirable
- Assessment experience
- Permission to work in Ireland