Social Worker Mental Health, inpatient unit, D 3
Fairview, Dublin 3
- € 21.41 - 30.73 Per hour
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 11 Aug 2020
- 8 Feb 2021
Social Workers acute admission unit, North Dublin city
Social Worker required for locum role in acute admissions unit in North Dublin mental health service.
There unit has an activity program which provides a holistic range of therapeutic activities for those with acute and enduring mental health problems
Patients are admitted under the care of a Consultant Psychiatrist and patient care is delivered by the multi -disciplinary team including a consultant psychiatrist, non-consultant hospital doctors and nursing staff.
The multi-disciplinary team works closely with other staff from other disciplines including psychology and psychotherapy, Community Mental Health Nurses (CMHNs), Social work, Day Hospital staff, Home Care Team, Substance Abuse, Physiotherapy and Pharmacy. Treatment will vary according to the specific needs of the patient but may include drug therapy and psychosocial interventions. The physical health of patients is also attended to, with routine physical examination carried out following admission and there are close links with the Mater Hospital
Essential requirements for a senior are:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Membership of CORU
- Experience of working with adults in a mental health setting is desirable
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Desirable experience / skills:
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team, ideally an mental health team is desirable.
- Additional training / qualifications in therapeutic approaches to working with adults