Support Worker - Adult Disability
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- £ 21941.0 - 29967.0 Per year
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 24 Jul 2020
- 21 Jan 2021
Guernsey is an island off the coast of Normany and it has a lot to offer, especially with its warmer climate, sandy beaches and loads of available activities. Guernsey is offering competitive salaries and attractive relocation package for HealthCare workers.
In Guernsey, they understand the need for a good work-life balance, and with stunning natural scenery, sweeping sandy beaches and a whole host of sport and leisure opportunities, this island is the perfect place to balance work and play.
Forget motorways and long train journeys, everything in Guernsey is just a short drive or even just a walk away, allowing you more time to spend with friends and family doing the things you love. If you enjoy the great outdoors, there are few better places to be. Picturesque walking routes line the island’s coast offering breathtaking cliff views in the south, while the rural parishes are perfect for a casual country stroll.
- Adult Disability Support Worker Band 3
- Adult Disability Support Worker Band 4
Are you interested in a career in Guernsey within the Adult Disability Team?
The Adult Disability Service in Guernsey support people with learning disabilities and autism in a variety of settings. Your day will involve around helping people live an ordinary life in their community, supporting personal care, promoting independent living skills and providing emotional support using an active support model.
No initial qualifications are needed to apply for this role. You will, however, be expected to undertake either the NVQ Level 3 or BTEC in Positive Behavioural Support upon you completing a satisfactory probation period. Support will be provided to you during this.
- Competitive Salary + bonuses
- Band 3 - £21,941 - £24,381 BAR £25,158 - £25,762 per annum
- Band 4 - £25,158 - £28,253 BAR £29,110 - £29,967 per annum
- Annual bonus of £1,167
- Attractive relocation package, including accommodation allowance from £500 to £5,000, depending on accommodation arrangement
- Full-time, permanent contract
- Pension scheme
- Excellent training opportunities
- Continuous service from the NHS or a local or public authority honoured, for the provision of annual leave and sick leave and we offer our staff a generous annual leave quota with 9 bank holidays. There is also the possibility of transferring your NHS pension into our compulsory pension scheme.
- Long Term Employment Permit provided
- And many more
- Desirable: Level 3 VQ Diploma in Health and Social Care or equivalent e.g. Level 3 BTEC Advanced Certificate in Positive Behavioural Support
- Hold a valid driving licence
- Good level of written and verbal communication skills
- Competent IT skills
- Medication competency