Social Worker CAMHS South Dublin
Portlaois, Co. Laois
- Full time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 12 Feb 2020
- 9 Aug 2020
Social Worker – YAMHS, Laois/Offaly
Social Worker required for locum role on community based Young Adult Mental Health Service (YAMHS)in Port Laoise, Co. Laois, covering the Laois/Offaly area
YAMHS delivers a broad range of community mental health services to 16- 18 year olds and their families.
The purpose of the post is to provide a social work service as part of the wider Multidisciplinary Team that seeks to improve the health and social wellbeing of the service users and their families thorough the implementation of an accessible, equitable, person-centred service.
The role will involve working with young people between the ages of 16 – 18 year olds who present with a variety of mental health difficulties including low mood, deliberate self-harm, suicide ideation, eating disorders, anxiety, stress and A.D.H.D assessments etc.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide assessment and treatment to service user and their families where service user is experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Actively participate as a member of the Social Work department in team building and change initiatives as required.
- Ensure the implementation of models of best practice / evidence based practice.
- Provide family based interventions when appropriate.
- Ensure the delivery of social work services in accordance with relevant legislation, policies and procedures, guidelines and protocols.
- Provide mental health social work assessment and interventions as part of an integrated multidisciplinary mental health service.
- Ensure that any risks to service user safety are identified and managed appropriately in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team under the leadership of the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Support and advise colleagues in the identification of and appropriate referral of cases of suspected child abuse / neglect.
- Complete comprehensive assessment reports as required.
- Attend court as required.
Interested candidates will have the following:
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker with membership of CORU
- Relevant experience in YAMHS or similar service, placement experience will be considered
- Permission to work in Ireland
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice
- Access to a car and full drivers licence
For further information, please contact Brian Murray on 01 482 5352 or email your c.v. to firstname.lastname@example.org