Social Care Worker
Stillorgan Dublin 18
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 7 Feb 2020
- 4 Aug 2020
Servisource Healthcare are currently recruiting qualified Social Care Workers on behalf of our clients in the Stillorgan, Dublin 18.
As a Social Care Worker, you will plan for and provide professional care to vulnerable children and young adults who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs. You will use positive approaches to support individuals who may have challenging behaviour in line with organisational practices. You may be asked to participate in all aspects of the running of the service including leisure activities, escort duties, general cleaning and upkeep of the service.
An ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience in an intellectual disability facility and is willing to offer protection and support to vulnerable or dependent people both individually and in groups. Additionally, they will have exemplary communication skills and will also have excellent organisational, motivational, and interpersonal skills together with the ability to work on your own initiative and effectively manage your time.
Benefits for Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Opportunity for a job in a healthcare setting and gain invaluable healthcare experience and contacts.
- Servisource Healthcare provide subsidised training courses to help you achieve all mandatory certificates (Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Infection Control, Safeguarding and MAPA).
- Great flexibility to suit your work life balance!
- Weekly pay.
Requirements for Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- Level 7/8 Degree in Social Care/Applied Social Studies in addition to in-date certificates in Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Children’s First and MAPA.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Social Care Worker in an intellectual disability setting.
- Ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients
- Fluent English (both written and verbal) and excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Hepatitis B Immunisation.
Responsibilities of Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- To assess, co-ordinate and deliver the highest quality of service to children and young adults.
- To create and maintain a welcoming and caring environment for the clients
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering such duties as key-working, medication management, budgeting and to deliver ad-hoc duties as assigned in line with the needs of the service
- To attend all meetings, training and development, in line with HIQA and Túsla requirements
- Maintain all relevant records in a consistent and efficient manner
Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting the job order number JO-1907-433648 in the subject bar of the email.
All applications for the above advertised will be treated with the strictest of confidence.
Recommended Similar Jobs
€ 58944 - 67992 Per yearFull timePermanentDublin 16, Dublin, Ireland
Senior Social Worker - Adult Mental Health service, South Dublin Our client is a leading provider of a range of mental health servi...