Medical Social Worker - Waterford p/time
- € 21.41 - 31.12 Per week
- Part time
- Job level
- Newly qualified
- 23 Jan 2020
- 20 Jul 2020
Medical Social Worker part-time, Waterford
Social Worker required for part-time locum assignent working in busy Social Work dept of large acute hospital, Waterford
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide a Medical Social Work service with a focus on the immediate management of vulnerable and at risk patients including:
- The assessment of the safety and welfare of a child in cases of suspected physical, sexual, emotional abuse or neglect which may arise from the presentation of an at risk child or the concerning presentation of an adult carer of young children.
- Assessing and safeguarding older persons and vulnerable adults, at risk of or experiencing abuse.
- Responding to victims of domestic, sexual or gender based violence.
- MSW can provide social work assessment and intervention services in cases of deliberate self-harm and problem alcohol and substance misuse.
- Frequent non-emergent attendees
- Frail Older Adults
- Trauma work
- Bereavement support
- Follow up of patients to the wards following hospital admission from the Emergency Department may be required in some circumstances
- Assisting with discharge planning and post discharge support services
- A recognised qualification in Social Work with CORU registration
- Ideally some medical Social Work experience is desirable
- Assessment experience
- Permission to work in Ireland