- € 10.00 - 14.00 Per hour
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
- 14 Jan 2020
- 29 Feb 2020
Title of Job: Health Care Assistant
Reporting to: Clinical Nurse Manager
Qualification: Fetac 5 (Gerontology)
Required: 1 years’ experience and QQI completed
The HealthCare Assistant forms an integral part of the healthcare team providing optimum quality care in collaboration with the Nursing staff to meet the holistic healthcare needs of the Residents at our client Memory Care centre and nursing home.
Healthcare Assistants work under the supervision and direction of
qualified Nursing personnel within agreed practice standards and protocols.
Key responsibilities include:
Clinical tasks include assisting the registered Nurses by carrying out assigned and delegated tasks involving direct Resident/Patient care and all activities of daily living.
Assisting the registered Nurse in duties associated with the day to day management of the ward and healthcare environment.
Assisting the healthcare team in the positioning and safety management of patients during specific
examinations such as ECG’s, Phlebotomy etc.
Be sensitive to patients of different backgrounds and be able to listen and communicate well with our Residents / Patients.
To report tho the Nurse in Charge any verbal concerns or complaints raised by the Residents / Patients or visitors.
- Care Skills (FETAC Level 5) Healthcare Support Certificate.
- Irish Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Team player.
- Understanding of the importance of respecting Residents/ Patients and their families.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Previous experience of working in a healthcare environment with experience of working in an elderly care environment.
- Achieved Cambridge English exam level B2 or higher.
This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to work in our clients nursing home in a unique peaceful setting with a fabulous team of medical professionals and lovely residents.
Apply with CV or email Maria for full job specification and further information.
Ref: HCA MOW Kinnegad