HCA (Band 3) Services for Older Persons, Guernsey
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
- Full time
- Job level
- Studying / Unqualified
- 13 Jan 2020
- 10 Jul 2020
Healthcare Assistant, HCA (Band 3) Services for Older Persons, Guernsey
Adult Community Services
Grade: Band 3 £19,901 - £22,114 BAR £22,819 - £23,367 per annum
The States of Guernsey is looking for a Healthcare Assistant to join its Older Peoples Service. The Healthcare Assistant will work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and will have responsibility for assisting service users with all activities of daily living. Care will be individualised to each service users’ needs and will be delivered in a dignified and compassionate manner at all times.
- Eight NVQ Level 3 Generic Care Units.
- Four speciality units relevant to the work area.
- Experience in a Health Care Setting.
- Enjoy caring for the elderly.
- Enjoy being part of a team providing a high standard of care.
- Be able to communicate effectively with staff and service users.
- Have a good understanding for the need of a high level of confidentiality.
- Have a flexible approach to shift patterns and be able at times to work additional hours.
- Have the ability to cover a wide range of duties, as per job description
Guernsey is situated in the English Channel, between England and France. Its climate is amongst the mildest and sunniest in the whole of the British Isles, being warmed by the adjacent Gulf Stream. Guernsey offers a perfect work life balance, with more annual leave than in Ireland and/or England, and less time spent commuting to work. In your free time there are lots of activities to keep you busy such as; sports, cliff walks, relaxing at one of their stunning beaches, dining in some of their great restaurants, shopping on the quaint high street, surfing, kayaking, and/or sailing on their fabulous waters.
Apply in Confidence;
Catriona Kelly – Cpl Healthcare
Ph: + Apply