Adults Qualified SocialWorker
Ashburton, Newton Abbot, Devon, England
- £ 31 - 31 Per week
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 22 Nov 2019
- 31 Dec 2019
- To act as a single point of contact in Eastern Devon for people who wish to raise a concern that an adult may be at risk of, or have experienced, harm or neglect as defined by Section 42 of the Care Act 2014; to triage these concerns, within 48hrs (2 working days) of receipt, and undertake appropriate fact-finding to determine whether they meet the threshold for a safeguarding adult enquiry under Section 42 duties
- As part of this triaging process to develop strong communication skills which enable you to support people who are experiencing abuse; to advise as to the outcomes they wish to be achieved from any safeguarding enquiry ensuring that we meet the objective of “making safeguarding personal”
- To facilitate sharing of information with partner agencies to identify potential risk, and safeguard people from significant harm or exploitation; to work in partnership with all agencies including providers to ensure protection for adults at risk of abuse or neglect
- To pass ownership of referrals deemed to meet a Section 42 enquiry threshold to the responsible community team, or to the most appropriate organisation to undertake the enquiry which will be determined prior to it being caused out (including DPT, CCG, CHC, NHS England, Police, Probation); where there is an immediate risk of harm or exploitation identified, these cases will be prioritised and passed to the appropriate agency to implement an immediate protection plan
- To triage concerns relating to allegations of whole service or organisational abuse, collating a wide range of information from all known sources; and to evaluate this information in order to make a recommendation as to whether thresholds for whole-service safeguarding have been met
- To undertake whole service investigation work, alongside colleagues in community teams and/or from different agencies, into allegations of acts of omission or neglect by providers of care; this will include contributing to written and verbal reports which are concise, informative, based on analysis of complex evidence to give appropriate recommendations in relation to whole service safeguarding thresholds
- To act as a lead in Adult Safeguarding, signposting referrers, providing advice and making recommendations with regard to concerns that are deemed not to meet a safeguarding threshold
- To take on lead role responsibilities within the team in specialist areas, for example MAPPA, MARAC; and to assist in the development of safeguarding practice amongst a wide range of colleagues via delivering presentations to teams, attending team meetings etc.
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert.
This job was posted to Social worker in Ashburton, Newton Abbot, Devon, England
Recommended Similar Jobs
£ 40 - 40 Per hourFull timeBankGloucester, Gloucestershire, England
The post holder will be responsible for effectively chairing reviews. They will be required to produce contemporaneous records alon...