Social Worker - Adult Primary Care Co. Cavan
Cavan, Co. Cavan
- € 21.41 - 31.12 Per week
- Full time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 19 Nov 2019
- 16 May 2020
Social Worker Primary Care services, Cavan, Co. Cavan
Duties of the position.
- Provide a social work service to generic primary care caseload from cradle to grave.
- Provide a direct point of access for the local community area and offer initial and holistic social assessment and intervention to individuals & families.
- Provide an initial assessment service to all care groups and to develop referral procedures with other social work networked services.
- Identify service users’ individual and collective needs in partnership with them and co-create early interventions and/or social action strategies to meet those needs.
- Manage and prioritise a caseload appropriate to the post.
- Provide supportive counselling, emotional and practical support, and information to service users and their families.
- Adopt a holistic approach aimed at enhancing the quality of life, health and social well-being of all persons within the designated service area.
- Promote independence, self-reliance, self-determination and empowerment with persons in their environment, with families and local groups.
A recognised qualification as a Social Worker and CORU registration
Some post graduate social work experience will be desirable in a similar service.
A placement within primary care or similar service will be considered.
Access to a car and a full drivers licence
For further information, please forward your CV to Apply or call Brian in confidence on Apply