Social Care Worker Dublin City Centre
Dublin City Centre
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 16 Oct 2019
- 13 Apr 2020
Servisource Healthcare are currently recruiting a qualified Social Care Worker on an adhoc basis on behalf of our client in Dublin City Centre.
The ideal candidate willl have a Level7/8 Social Care Degree or equivalent qualification, together with one years experience in Social Care or equivalent settings. Experience in a facility dealing with service users facing homelessness is desirable. The ideal candidate will be caring, empathetic and compassionate, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on a team and also on your own initiative.
As a Social Care Worker, you will plan for and provide professional care to vulnerable children andyoung adults who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs. You will use positive approaches to support individuals who may have challenging behaviour in line with organisational practices.
Benefits for this Social Care Worker job in Dublin City Centre:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Opportunity for a job in a healthcare setting and gain invaluable healthcare experience and contacts.
- Servisource Healthcare provide subsidised training courses to help you achieve all mandatory certificates (Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Infection Control, Safeguarding and MAPA).
- Great flexibility to suit your work life balance!
- Weekly pay.
Requirements for this Social Care Worker job in Dublin City Centre:
- Level 7/8 Degree in Social Care/Applied Social Studies.
- In-date certificates in Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Children’s First and MAPA.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Social Care Worker.
- Ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients.
- Fluent English (both written and verbal) and excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Hepatitis B Immunisation and vaccination history ESSENTIAL.
- Willingness to undertake Servisource Garda Vetting
Responsibilities of this job of Social Care Worker in Dublin City Centre:
- To assess, co-ordinate and deliver the highest quality of service to all service users.
- To create and maintain a welcoming and caring environment for the clients
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering such duties as key-working, budgeting and to deliver ad-hoc duties as assigned in line with the needs of the service.
- Assist clients to take part in activities, work projects, social events, hobbies, building up personal relationships, personal development and developing a sense of community
- To attend all meetings, training and development, in line with HIQA and Túsla requirements
- Maintain all relevant records in a consistent and efficient manner
- Maintain confidentiality at all times on matters relating to clients.
*All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Due to the volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*