Social Care Worker Stillorgan Dublin 18
- Part time
- Job level
- Qualified (non-manager)
- 4 Oct 2019
- 1 Apr 2020
Servisource Healthcare are currently recruiting qualified Social Care Workers on behalf of our clients in the Stillorgan Area.
As a Social Care Worker, you will plan for and provide professional care to vulnerable children andyoung adults who experience marginalisation, disadvantage or special needs. You will use positive approaches to support individuals who may have challenging behaviour in line with organisational practices.
You may be asked to participate in all aspects of the running of the service including leisure activities, escort duties, general cleaning and upkeep of the service.
An ideal candidate will be someone who has previous experience in an intellectual disability facility and is willing to offer protection and support to vulnerable or dependent people both individually and in groups.
The right candidate will have exemplary communication skills and you will also have excellent organisational, motivational, and interpersonal skills together with the ability to work on your own initiative and effectively manage your time.
Benefits for Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Opportunity for a job in a healthcare setting and gain invaluable healthcare experience and contacts.
- Servisource Healthcare provide subsidised training courses to help you achieve all mandatory certificates (Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Infection Control, Safeguarding and MAPA).
- Great flexibility to suit your work life balance!
- Weekly pay.
Requirements for Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- Level 7/8 Degree in Social Care/Applied Social Studies in addition to in-date certificates in Patient Moving & Handling, First Aid, Children’s First and MAPA.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Social Care Worker in an intellectial disability setting.
- Ability to interact successfully on a one to one basis with clients
- Fluent English (both written and verbal) and excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Hepatitis B Immunisation.
Responsibilities of Social Care Worker Job Stillorgan
- To assess, co-ordinate and deliver the highest quality of service to children and young adults.
- To create and maintain a welcoming and caring environment for the clients
- Ability to work as part of a team delivering such duties as key-working, medication management, budgeting and to deliver ad-hoc duties as assigned in line with the needs of the service
- To attend all meetings, training and development, in line with HIQA and Túsla requirements
- Maintain all relevant records in a consistent and efficient manner
To apply for this position, please email your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job order number JO-1907-433648 in the subject bar of the email.
*All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Due to the volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted*
Recommended Similar Jobs
Full timePermanentDublin, Dublin, Ireland
Project Workers and Support Workers required in Dublin [... Click Apply...] Spain 29th, 30th and 31st of October 2019 Applica...