I want to keep my account, but I don’t want people to see my CV
Click ‘PRIVACY SETTINGS’, then select ‘I don't wish to be contacted about jobs by companies looking to hire'
I want to keep my account, but I don’t want to receive jobs by email
Click ‘JOBS BY EMAIL’ then choose ‘REMOVE THIS JOB ALERT EMAIL’ next to any of your alerts.
I want to permanently remove my account from this site
This will permanently remove all of your details and CV from our site. If you want to apply for any jobs in the future, you can apply as a guest or you will have re-register.
Job Title Staff Nurse
Department Intensive Care Unit
Reports to Nurse Manager
- NMBI Registered General Nurse licence.
- 1 year Critical Care experience preferred.
Job Specific Competencies and Knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate motivation and an innovative approach to job.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate an understanding of change management.
Planning and Organising
- Demonstrate evidence of effective planning, organising and time
- Demonstrate flexible approach – to internal rotations, rostering e.g. night duty, theatre on call, attitude to work.
- Demonstrate evidence of recent and relevant experience in the specialised area and in an acute hospital setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of new developments in specialised area.
- Demonstrate knowledge of national strategies where appropriate to nursing care.
- Maintain up to date certificates in BLS and ACLS.
Patient and Customer Focus
- Demonstrate a focus on quality.
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to empathise with and treat patients,
relatives and colleagues with dignity and respect.
Personal and Professional Responsibilities
The post holder is expected to:
- Maintain a professional portfolio.
- Utilise all practical opportunities to educate the patient and their families.
- Attend appropriate study days and courses.
- Be a preceptor and or supervisor to students and newly appointed staff.
- Participate in their performance review with their Nurse Manager.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager the post holder will:
- Identify and contribute to the continual enhancement of learning opportunities in the clinical area.
- Participate in the clinical induction of all new nursing and support staff.
- Assume responsibility for own learning and development needs.
Apply with CV or email Maria for full job specification on Apply
Ref: Staff Nurse ICU
Galway, Galway, Ireland€ 28,483 - 44,800 Per yearPermanent...Posted 18th February 2018
€ 28,483 - 44,800 Per yearFull timePermanent...Posted 18th February 2018Closes 18th August 2018Ref Theatre Galway
Post Title: Staff Nurse Post Status: Permanent Department Theatre Location: Galway Reports to: Theatre Manager Salary: Appointment ...