Senior Staff Nurse
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, control staff and delegate duties as necessary.
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect.
- Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is
Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all Healthcare policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate records at all levels within the home.
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Participates in HIQA visits and conversant with standards of care expected.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- First level registration.
- Previous managerial training / experience, an advantage.
- Registered on the An Board Altranais live register.
- Excellent Leadership, Organisational and Communication skills.
- Sound decision making ability.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Results driven.
Salary is very Good and based on experience but is highly competitive.
How to Apply:
If you have the desired experience and Nurse skills and would like to apply for this Nurse position with us, please apply by sending CV and i will come and meet you
- € 44616 - 44616 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 11 Oct 2017
Closes 8 Nov 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse