Staff Nurse RCN/ RGN Department: PACU
South County Dublin
Job Title Staff Nurse RCN/ RGN
Reports to Clinical Co-Ordinator/ Manager PACU
Paediatric Clinical Co-Ordinator
Overall Purpose of Job
Provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the center of all that we do. The dual qualified nurse will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating their own nursing care provided to adults, children and their families.
- State registered and active on the live register of the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland within the RGN and RCN divisions.
- Minimum of five years recent relevant post registration experience in the acute hospital setting.
- Recovery experience desired but not essential.
- Post Graduate theatre course desirable but not essential.
Competencies and Knowledge
- Demonstrate experience in mentorship/preceptorship.
- Have proven clinical and professional managerial ability.
- Have a strong commitment to pre and post registration nurse education.
- Demonstrate the practice of teaching in the clinical area.
- Display evidence of continuing professional development.
- Computer skills essential.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate working well as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Participate as a Recovery Room Nurse, providing physical and psychological care to immediate post- operative patients inclusive of adults and paediatric patients.
- Direct and be accountable for the nursing care of patients in the paediatric and adult recovery unit.
- Work within professional guidelines as laid down by NMBI Code of Conduct for Nurses.
- Carry out all Recovery Room Nursing practice in accordance with the Beacon Hospital Theatre and Recovery Room Policies; including the care, control and administration of medicines.
- Flexibility to work across both disciplines within recovery, i.e. adults and paediatrics.
- Have a commitment to professional organisations relating to the care of the child and their parent/guardian on their journey through the paediatric recovery unit.
- Maintain accurate nursing records and recovery records as per hospital policy.
- Maintaining a safe environment within the department for both staff and patients; keep up to date with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure the principles and practices of risk management are adhered to in the recovery unit environment and relevant healthcare setting.
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of the equipment necessary for the delivery of optimum standards of patient care within the recovery unit.
- Maintain and update own knowledge continuously, seeking out learning opportunities and participating in on-going education.
- Foster a learning environment for the benefit of staff in Theatre and Recovery Room.
- Assist less experienced staff to develop their skills in Recovery Room Nursing.
- Deputise for the Clinical Coordinator in her absence.
- Demonstrate flexibility with roster to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service.
- Discuss any problems or potential problems with the Clinical Coordinator or Nurse in Charge.
- Such other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time, by the hospital authority through the Director of Nursing Services.
- Keep up to date with mandatory training such as Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
Apply with CV or call Maria on Applyfor details.
Email for full job specification to Apply
- € 33,000 - 43,000 Per year
- Full time
- Permanent, Contract, Bank
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Newly qualified
Posted 14 Jul 2017
Closes 31 Dec 2017
Ref: BEACON PACU
This job was posted to: Intensive care nurse, Ward nurse, Ward childrens nurse