Director of Nursing, Kerry
Cpl Healthcare, in partnership with our esteemed client, one of the largest independent healthcare providers of quality nursing home care in Ireland, are seeking to recruit an experienced Director of Nursing (DON), for their modern nursing home located in County Kerry.
The home is a modern 56 bedded unit which provides residential and respite care as well as specialist care for those with Dementia.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing network of nursing homes led by healthcare providers that strive to ensure continuous improvements in quality of care as they continue to build a successful and sustainable care community.
The director of nursing will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the delivery of a high standard of person centred care to residents within the home, by nursing and care staff. Ensuring that set standards and legislative requirements for resident care are attained and exceeded. Ensuring the development of policies, programmes and evidence-based practice are consistent with HIQA standards and standard policies within the nursing home.
- RGN on the general division of the NMBI.
- Minimum of 3 years geriatric nursing experience in the last 6 years.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience essential.
- Post- registration Management Qualification.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or related field desirable.
- Previous experience in a DON Role preferable.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA requirements.
- Sound decision making ability and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Good appreciation of finance issues.
Further details available by contacting Catherine Hoban on + [... Click Apply...]or email [... Click Apply...]
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 28 Nov 2016
Closes 25 May 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse