Director of Nursing, Galway
Cpl healthcare on behalf of our esteemed client, a large independent healthcare provider of quality nursing home care in Ireland, are seeking to recruit an experienced Director of nursing for their modern 50 bedded nursing home located in Galway.
The home provides residential care, respite, convalescent and also specialist dementia care.
The director of nursing will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the delivery of a high standard of person centred care to residents within the home, by nursing and care staff. Ensuring that set standards and legislative requirements for resident care are attained and exceeded. Ensuring the development of policies, programmes and evidence-based practice are consistent with HIQA standards and standard policies within the nursing home.
- RGN, RPN or RNID current registration with NMBI.
- Minimum of 3 years geriatric nursing experience in the last 6 years.
- Minimum of 3 years management experience essential.
- Management Qualification.
- Qualification in Gerontology or related field desirable.
- Previous experience as Director of Nursing desirable.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience meeting HIQA requirements.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Experience with financial administration.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 3 Feb 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse