Staff Nurse Jobs
ASF Recruitment are seeking newly qualified or experienced Staff Nurses for permanent nursing positions for our client in county Mayo. This is an excellent opportunity for general trained nurses to embark on a career in a private healthcare setting.
Reporting to: Director of Nursing
• Registered on the Irish live register - NMBI
• Experience in care of the elderly desired but not essential
• Meals included
• Paid Breaks
• Free onsite Parking
• Further Education Assistance
To promote and maintain the highest attainable standard of nursing care within the home and ensure that all staff are performing their duties adequately.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise, control staff and delegate duties as necessary.
• Ensure that all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
• Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is maintained.
• Maintain professional standards in keeping with NMBI/An Bord Altranais Code of Professional Conduct and have an understanding of all NMBI/An Bord Altranais documents and their implications for nursing practice.
• Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all patients, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
• Ensure all Client's Healthcare policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
• Maintain clear, concise and accurate records at all levels within the home.
• Ensure the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to
• Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
• Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a patients to the community to ensure continuity of care.
Career Progression & Development
With the sector expanding and the demands for beds increasing there will be vast opportunity for senior positions with this company. Our client remains at the forefront of private healthcare in Ireland with a solid reputation gained not only for excellence in care, but also for investment in their staff
• With three years’ experience as a Staff Nurse you can move into a Clinical Nurse Manager post
• With an additional two years at this level you can comfortably apply for an Assistant Director of Nursing
• One to two years in this position allows you to apply for a Director of Nursing role.
Our client's policy is to promote within their company and in order to do that they offer support and development to their team members.
- € 17.00 - 19.00 Per hour
- Full time, Part time
- Permanent, Contract
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 24 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental nurse, Nursing home learning disability nurse