Operations Manager, West Coast
Cpl healthcare on behalf of our esteemed client, one of the largest independent healthcare providers of quality nursing home care in Ireland, are seeking to recruit an Operations manager to oversee the management and running of a number of their nursing homes situated on the West coast.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing network of nursing homes led by healthcare providers that strive to ensure continuous improvements in quality of care as they continue to build a successful and sustainable care community.
- The Operation manager’s role will be to oversee the management and running of a number of nursing homes on the west coast, working in collaboration with and providing support and assistance to, the Directors of nursing from each home.
- The Operations Manager will objectively measure quality standards in the homes and use these metrics to build consistency within and between homes.
- To act as project manager or quality improvement manager in homes where deficiencies have been identified or where assistance is needed to achieve the required clinical standards. This includes the structure of clinical teams, reporting and communications systems, documentation and record-keeping.
- The operations manager will also be required to work in collaboration with Director of Care Services, Healthcare Managers and Directors of Nursing in the achievement of all objectives.
- Significant travel between nursing homes will be required.
- RGN or equivalent currently registered with NMBI.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management in the healthcare sector.
- Extensive experience in care of older persons essential.
- Post- registration Management Qualification essential.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or related field desirable.
- Previous experience in a DON Role preferable.
- Excellent communication, management and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of HIQA requirements.
- Sound decision making ability and results driven.
- Ability to motivate self and others and work on own initiative.
- Ability to work well and promote a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the company.
- Full clean drivers licence.
- Role requires flexible hours and significant travel.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 24 Nov 2016
Closes 21 May 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse