ASF Recruitment are seeking newly qualified or experienced Staff Nurses for permanent nursing jobs in Ballyhaunis, County Mayo. This is an excellent opportunity for general trained nurses to embark on a career in a private healthcare setting.
Reporting to: Director of Nursing
• Registered on the Irish live register - NMBI
• Experience in care of the elderly desired but not essential
To promote and maintain the highest attainable standard of nursing care within the home and ensure that all staff are performing their duties adequately.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise, control staff and delegate duties as necessary.
• Ensure that all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
• Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is maintained.
• Maintain professional standards in keeping with NMBI/An Bord Altranais Code of Professional Conduct and have an understanding of all NMBI/An Bord Altranais documents and their implications for nursing practice.
• Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all patients, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
• Ensure all Client's Healthcare policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
• Maintain clear, concise and accurate records at all levels within the home.
• Ensure the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to
• Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
• Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a patients to the community to ensure continuity of care.
• Highly competitive salaries and benefits offered for all nursing professions.
Flexible Working Options
• Permanent, flexible, and job sharing options are available with the majority of our client's staff nursing roles.
Fulfilling Employment – our client hires people with passion
• Our client’s nurses are at the forefront of excellence in the gerontological care industry in Ireland, within a workplace that rewards and inspires them each and every day.
• Professional Development
• Our client delivers comprehensive training for all staff nurses from induction to management level, ongoing support and training to develop clinical skills. There’s no limit to how far you can go in your career; they are dedicated to developing and promoting their nurses, aiming to provide clinical autonomy, professional development and career opportunities – in fabulously supportive, high-quality environments.
Career Progression & Development
With the sector expanding and the demands for beds increasing there will be vast opportunity for senior positions with this company. Our client remains at the forefront of private healthcare in Ireland with a solid reputation gained not only for excellence in care, but also for investment in their staff
• With three years’ experience as a Staff Nurse you can move into a Clinical Nurse Manager post
• With an additional two years at this level you can comfortably apply for an Assistant Director of Nursing
• One to two years in this position allows you to apply for a Director of Nursing role.
Our client's policy is to promote within their company and in order to do that they offer support and development to their team members.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager), Newly qualified
Posted 13 Nov 2016
Closes 13 Dec 2016
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental nurse, Nursing home learning disability nurse