Nursing Home Nurse- Louth
ISM Recruitment are actively seeking talented Nursing Home Nurses for a number of positions in the Louth are. Our client, a prestigious nursing facility in Leinster have a number of positions available for Registered Nurses.
JOB DESCRIPTION - STAFF NURSE
Responsible to: Care Home Manager
Reports to: Nurse Manager
Responsible for: Junior Staff
Qualification: Min. RGN
Job Summary and Key Tasks
1. Give and receive full written and verbal reports, monitoring residents condition according to the agreed Care plan
2. Communicate with senior and junior level staff
3. Have good attitude towards those being cared for and colleagues
4. Maintain nursing skills and knowledge through research based findings, study days and courses – (including literature)
5. Maintain excellent communication with residents and their relatives regarding the residents needs and welfare, and provide support and hospitality for relatives where necessary
6. Teach and train junior staff ensuring they provide the relevant care to all residents.
7. Be competent in storing, administering and recording medications safely
8. Practice safe dressing techniques
9. Maintain confidentiality and professionalism
10. Take charge in absence of Home Manager/Sister
11. Possess a pleasant personality with regard to telephone answering and greeting visitors
12. Maintain and promote a high level of personal hygiene and appearance at all times
13. Ensure attendance at all Fire Drills/Staff Training lectures etc.
14. To undertake all other such duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of Home and the well being of the residents.
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified, Qualified (non-manager), Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 9 Nov 2016
Closes 10 Jan 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Nursing home mental nurse, Nursing home learning disability nurse