Nursing Ward Manager-Endoscopy
London, Greater London, EnglandWard Manager
Permanent, FT - 37.5 hrs
Are you a nurse looking for a new role & a chance to get your career on the right path?
Let TTM Healthcare point you in the right direction with this exciting opportunity….
Our client is one of the oldest Hospitals, located in the heart of London, specialising in Medical and Surgical care. They have several units spanned across two prestigious areas of London focused on providing world-class treatment to their patients. They have an expansive team of over 300 consultants who are supported by expertly qualified nurses offering care in various specialities including: Diagnostic & Radiology services, Oncology, Ophthalmology, Cardiology, Cosmetic, Dialysis & Endoscopy. This is a 250 bedded hospital with 17 Theatres, and Endoscopy unit, Radiology unit and Dialysis unit.
We are currently looking to recruit a Ward Manager to run the Endoscopy Unit at the hospital. As the ward manager you will have overall operational control of the unit.
Your role will involve
- Working with the Head of Nursing continuously evaluating the service and taking necessary steps for improvement
- Take a lead role in maintaining necessary standards to attain GRS/JAG accreditation
- Ensure the operational and strategic practice of the ward is communicated effectively throughout the hospital and all policies for the department are up to date and adhered to by all members of staff
- Work to ensure effective utilisation of staff to ensure high standards of care are maintained at all times
- Develop, plan and implement new strategies to improve the service
- Be responsible for ensuring correct infection control strategies are implemented and strictly adhered to
- Managing challenging situations and delegate when required to ensure they are handled in the correct manner
- Be responsible for the overall financial performance of the Endoscopy unit
To be considered for this role you would have:
- Registered General Nursing Degree
- NMC Registration
- Experience of working in Endoscopy
- Understanding of JAG/GRS
- Be up to date with all diagnostic, therapeutic and emergency procedures of Endoscopy
- Management and mentorship training
- Experience of working at a Senior level and management experience
- Thorough understanding of Clinical Governance and Risk Management
- Understanding of Auditing, Benchmarking, CQC Framework and KLOE
- Be a good team player who can adapt easily to different situations
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
Additional benefits for working for the company would include:
- Healthcare Plan
- Ticket loans
- Accommodation Assistance
- Continued Training and Career Progression
To fulfil your dream of working in for a company that truly appreciate you please call Clara on [... Click Apply...]or email your CV asap.
TTM Healthcare is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
- £ 43000 - 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 8 Nov 2016
Closes 6 Dec 2016
Ref: Endoscopy manager London
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse, Ward nurse