Director of Care role Co.Mayo.
In partnership with our client a 34 bedded, family ran nursing home in Mayo, Cpl healthcare are seeking to recruit an experienced nurse for a Permanent Director of Care position. The role is well supported by an existing Assistant Director of Care. Our client is open to considering experienced nurses who are interested in progressing into management roles. Flexible start date.
- Evaluation of nursing care and services provided to residents.
- Ensuring that set standards and legislative requirements for resident care are attained and exceeded.
- Ensuring the development of a person-centred model of care which is driven by a respect for the rights of older people and are focused on quality of life measures meaningful to individual residents.
- Leading and managing an enthusiastic team to work to their potential.
- Ensuring the development of policies, programmes and evidence-based practice consistent with standards (HIQA) and standard policies within the nursing home.
- Registered with NMBI in the RGN, RNID or RPN category.
- 3 years post-registration experience in a care of the elderly environment.
- Knowledge of HIQA standards and regulations.
- Previous management experience preferable but not essential.
- Strong organisational/team skills.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English.
For further information please contact Amy on Tel:+ [... Click Apply...] or email your updated CV to [... Click Apply...].
- € 50000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 4 Nov 2016
Closes 1 May 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse