Senior Staff Nurse or CNM
Nurse Ireland have an opportunity for a Senior Staff Nurse or CNM 2 looking to progress their career. The Candidate would ideally possess some people management experience and would have previously worked in a Nursing home environment.
Ensure agreed standards of nursing care are practised in relation to statutory requirement, professional codes of conduct and the Nursing homes policies and procedures.
• Co-Ordinate Multi-Disciplinary Team in all aspects of residents care
• Be proactive in integrating evidence-based knowledge and research into the delivery of nursing care and nursing administration.
• Liaise with medical staff to ensure appropriate patient care.
• Report clinical issues as appropriate to the Director of Nursing.
• Be responsible for orientation of all new members of staff to the area and facilitate the rotation of staff as required
• Ensure highest standards of oral and written communication are maintained
• Systematically evaluate the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice. Offer regular guidance, feedback and support to nursing staff.
• Encourage resident participation in the promotion of self –care and wellness, involve and support relatives/carers as appropriate.
• Embrace change and new initiatives which promote excellence in patient care.
• Ensure mandatory training is kept up to date.
• Empower nurses’ participation in clinical decision-making and organisation of clinical care systems.
• Encourage proactive involvement of nursing staffing discharge planning.
• Supervise patient nutritional requirements.
• Arrange safekeeping of patient’s property
- Full time
- Job Level
- Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 21 Oct 2016
Closes 13 Apr 2017
This job was posted to: Nursing home nurse