Clinic Nurse Job, Co Dublin
Are you interested in working in a dynamic environment with like-minded health care professionals? Are you trying to fit your career around your family’s schedule and finding it a challenge to maintain your career and skillsets while allowing you the flexibility to also be available for your family?
Have you worked in any of the following areas: Emergency Medicine or Urgent Care, Paediatrics , Medical, Cardiac, Geriatric or Practice Nurse Experience and are looking for that right fit where your skills can be really utilised to make a difference to patients with a variety of needs? Are you interested in working in a place that allows your skills to develop but unlike colleagues don’t wish or are unable to move abroad to fulfil that need?
If “Yes” is the answer to any of these questions then perhaps a career in the urgent care setting might be what you have been looking for.
Our client now open 10 years is Irelands first walk in urgent care clinics located in Dundrum, Swords and Cork. The Clinics are well recognized as modern, state-of-the-art facilities, with an emphasis on providing a prompt, excellent level of patient care. Hours of opening are 8am – 10pm, 365 days a year during which 70,000 patients are treated for minor injuries and illnesses. Appointment led services include Minor Procedure Clinics, Orthopaedic Clinics, Physiotherapy, Podiatry and Dental.
Our client offers their employees a favorable working environment, flexible working conditions and provides opportunities for continuous professional development including mandatory and non-mandatory training. Competitive bank rates are offered in a team spirited and supportive work environment.
Nursing opportunities are available in Swords and Balally Clinics for the provision of our appointment led/scheduled Acute Injury Clinics (Fracture Clinics) and Minor Procedure Clinics.
The successful candidates will report to Clinic Managers in Balally and Swords Clinics.
- The Registered Nurse will ensure safe smooth running of Acute Injury Clinics (Fracture Clinics) and or Minor Procedure Clinics.
- The Acute Injury Clinics will involve the preparation for and delivery of follow up clinics in partnership with a Consultant Orthopaedic Specialist.
- The Minor Procedure Clinics will involve the delivery of a scheduled minor surgery service in partnership with a General Practitioner.
- The nurse will be required to provide quality nursing care and support to patients and colleagues.
- The care they give will enhance the outcomes for patients of the Acute Injury and Minor Procedure Clinics through the implementation of best practice, education, liaising with other relevant stakeholders and co-coordinating and planning for follow up care if necessary.
- Registered General Nurse with An Bord Altranis
- Minimum 2 years post reg experience
- Current Basic Life Support Certification
- Plaster casting course desirable
- Theatre/Surgical skills course desirable
- Able to demonstrate efforts made towards gaining an adequate knowledge of current nurse issues.
- To have demonstrated the desire to upgrade skills, and to learn from more experienced staff.
- Clinical Knowledge/Experience and skills in any of the following areas:
- General Outpatient Department
- Orthopaedic Outpatient Department
- Plaster/Casting Room
- Emergency Department
- Practice Nursing
- Minor Ops clinics
- Day ward
- Urgent care
- The ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good communication skills with a focus on listening.
- Effective time management and good organizational skills
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to practice in a culturally safe manner.
- Infection Prevention and Control standards e.g. hand hygiene, safe disposal of sharps and aseptic technique
- National Consent Policy 2013
- Children First document
- Microsoft Word and Outlook
If you are interested in finding out more about these roles, contact Aileen McCann on [... Click Apply...]or send an updated CV to [... Click Apply...]
- Full time
- Job Level
- Studying / Unqualified
Posted 26 Jul 2016
Closes 25 Jan 2017
This job was posted to: Nurse assessor