*Occupational Therapist - North Dublin*
Occupational Therapist – Basic Grade
Senior Occupational Therapist
Multidisciplinary team, service users, families/carers, occupational therapy colleagues, external service providers
- To develop, promote and provide a quality Occupational Therapy service across the service
- To undertake skilled and specialised assessment and treatment and management of residents, which will include Activities of Daily Living, Wheelchair and Seating Assessments, Cognitive Assessments, Functional Assessments and Treatment.
- To undertake clinical audits.
- To develop individualised plans for residents
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- To test and evaluate residents’ physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic goals for residents.
- To select activities within the limits of residents’ mental and physical capabilities.
- To evaluate residents’ progress and prepare reports that detail progress.
- Re-assess resident requirements on an on-going basis.
- To plan, organise and conduct occupational therapy programmes.
- To plan and manage unit activity programmes with the Activity Therapy and Volunteer teams.
- To help residents improve coordination and perceptual skills and stimulate memory.
- To complete and maintain necessary records.
- To requisition special supplies and equipment as required while being mindful of costs and value.
- To conduct research in occupational therapy in a mental health setting.
- Collaborate with other health team members in assessing and planning resident care.
- To undertake and participate in clinical audits as required.
- To play and active and contributory role in MDT meetings.
- To liaise and communicate effectively with nursing and medical team members.
- To communicate and coordinate with other Occupational Therapy/Activity Therapist and Volunteer teams.
- To be responsible for daily administration duties and overall management of caseload.
- To attend and participate during ward rounds and MDT meetings.
- To attend and participate in in-service training programmes.
- To assist with the performance management of Activity Therapy and Volunteer teams.
- To adhere to Health and Safety regulations within the workplace at all times.
- To adhere to the Judgement Support Framework and Mental Health Act and keep self up to date on any developments or changes in this regard.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- To be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of staff, service users and others, ensuring that working practices conform to the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) recognised qualification.
- Experience in assessment of specialised seating.
- Previous experience in a mental health setting highly desirable.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner and the ability to manage self in a busy working environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of a high quality, client-centred service.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to resident care.
- Display effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and work in partnership with colleagues, residents, families, carers, and other agencies involved.
- Demonstrate effective team skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow line management directions appropriately and to utilize supervision effectively.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
- € 34969 - 51032 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 19 Jun 2017
Closes 16 Dec 2017
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist