Occupational Therapist - Adult - Psychiatric
Our client is seeking to recruit an Occupational Therapist.
Working within the MDT in the acute adult mental health setting both inpatient and in day hospital and helping service users to maximise function using occupation as the main medium of assessment. Delivering recovery focused interventions and applying client centred principles.
This is an opportunity to be active in the start-up of new day hospital mental health service, with dynamic multidisciplinary team seeking to provide holistic person centred care for persons aged 18 upwards.
An opportunity to contribute to and develop the role of OT in treatment and recovery across a range of psychiatric disorders experienced throughout the life cycle.
To provide clinical leadership and participate in the development of occupational therapy.
• Possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy or an equivalent World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) recognised qualification.
• Minimum two years post qualification experience (ideally in a mental health setting).
• Demonstrate the ability to plan and deliver care in an effective and resourceful manner and the ability to manage self in a busy working environment.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the delivery of a high quality, client-centred service.
• Demonstrate the ability to evaluate information and make effective decisions in relation to resident care.
• Display effective communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate and work in partnership with colleagues, residents, families, carers, and other agencies involved.
• Demonstrate effective team skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to follow line management directions appropriately and to utilize supervision effectively.
• Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development.
Salary is commensurate with experience and in line with HSE scale.
Email for full job description or apply with CV
Call Maria for further details on [... Click Apply...]
- € 50,000 - 60,000 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff, Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 31 Dec 2016
Ref: Occupational Therapist
This job was posted to: Occupational therapist, Psychotherapy, - Other health care