Director of Nursing- Kildare
Job Title: Director Of Nursing
Ref No: VAC-11010
Our Client, a small and reputable nursing facility in Co Kildare Urgently require a Director of Nursing to join their team as soon as possible.
Reporting to the proprietor you will be responsible for:
• Compliance of operations in line Regulations and Standard
• Assessing the social and health care needs of new clients
• Ongoing assessment and reviews of all clients.
• That the occupancy of the home is kept at a efficient level at all times through liaising with the various patient referrers at all tome in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
• That all aspects of clients care needs are met, providing health supervision and to enlist the services of GPs, Public Health Nurses and other medical and para-medical services as appropriate.
• Te maintaining of the quality of each client’s life by meticulous attention to such areas as privacy, dignity, autonomy, choice, rights and fulfilment.
• The development social and leisure activities to enhance the quality of client’s lives.
• That you maintain and improve your own professional knowledge and competence.
• By teaching and example, training junior members of staff to ensure consistently high standards.
• That all new members of staff understand the aims and objectives of the Home and receive suitable induction training.
• Maintaining high standards by seconding staff to suitable recognised training courses.
• Complying with Staff rotas and to recruit as necessary, with the approval of the CEO
• To operate the terms of staff contracts with reference to disciplinary procedures, in the case of minor offences with written and verbal warnings and to keep full written records.
• To participate in staff meetings and in staff training and development activities.
• To maintain an awareness of the routines within the Home and review them as appropriate.
• To ensure that room, common areas and operational areas are properly cleaned, maintained and adequately heated. To ensure that equipment is maintained in good working order.
• That appropriate dietary and nutritional needs are met.
• The maintaining of all nursing / care / drug records as required by An Bord Altranais.
• The control the ordering, storage and administration of drugs for which the Unit has taken responsibility and to maintain the necessary records.
• The practice maximum integrity in all dealings with clients’ personal affairs avoiding abuse of the privileged relationship with clients.
• To be responsible for the recruitment and screening of qualified and unqualified care and ancillary staff.
Experience as nurse manager- Care of the Elderly
Registration with NMBI
In-Depth knowledge of HIQA policies
Salary and Benefits:
10% Reduction off all CPC, ADR, Safe Pass, Forklift any many more courses if working with ISM Recruitment.
Hours of Work:
Apply below with an up-to-date CV, OR for more information on this vacancy, please email [... Click Apply...]
This vacancy is being advertised by ISM Recruitment/ISM Driver Recruitment a division of the Irish School of Motoring Group of companies, leaders in Driver Education since 1961.
To review more live vacancies visit us on [... Click Apply...]
To view or update your Safe Pass, Manual Handling, Commercial Driving, CPC, Advanced Driving, Forklift & Warehousing training skills click on [... Click Apply...]
- Full time
- Job Level
- Manager, Deputy Manager / Senior Staff
Posted 1 Dec 2016
Closes 1 Jan 2017
This job was posted to: Home manager, Care manager