Social Worker - Primary Care Tallaght / Kildare
Cpl Healthcare are currently accepting applications for Social Workers with experience in working within a Primary Care setting.
The successful applicant will work as part of the multi-disciplinary team that will endeavour to promote health and well-being, seek to encourage self-help in the local community and will foster advocacy and empowerment in order to address social inequalities.
This temporary locum position will be offered on an initial 3 - 6 month basis with the view to continuing and will be based in Tallaght
- Making social work assessment of clients in community/residential settings
- Source relevant resources available within the community.
- Liaising with client to address the needs identified.
- Provide advice and support on various issues such as parenting, separation, loss and bereavement.
- Provide emotional support to the client and direction to the appropriate service in the community.
- Facilitating self-help and carers support groups.
Referrals for all age groups with variety of presenting issues will be accepted.
- Older persons and their families.
- Medical diagnosis
- Families with children.
- Persons affected by family conflict and domestic violence.
- Minority ethnic groups.
- Persons with disabilities.
- Vulnerable families and children.
- Parents in stress.
- People with substance abuse including alcohol and drugs who are not linked to existing services.
A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
Validation of qualifications with NSWQB / CORU if qualified outside the Republic of Ireland
University placement experience in Primary Care setting will be considered
Excellent knowledge of legislation within the area
Permission to work in Ireland
Professional approach to work
Flexibility in work practice
Access to a car and full drivers licence
For further information, please forward your CV to [... Click Apply...] or call Stephen in confidence on [... Click Apply...]
Visit [... Click Apply...] for more Social Work jobs
- Full time
- Job Level
- Newly qualified
Posted 25 Nov 2016
Closes 22 May 2017
This job was posted to: Social worker