Social Worker - Guernsey
St Peter Port, Guernsey, Crown Dependencies
Social Workers – Guernsey
Cpl Healthcare, on behalf of the Health & Social Services in Guernsey are recruiting for experienced Social Workers to work in the Child Protection and Welfare Team in Guernsey.
These positions are full time and come with an excellent relocation package and career development opportunities.
Interviews and assessments will take place in Guernsey over two days, giving applicants the opportunity to meet the team and see the island. Travel costs will be covered
- A recognised qualification as a Social Worker
- Membership of the HCPC or eligible for membership
- A minimum of 1 year post graduate experience within a children and families service.
- Professional approach to work
- Flexibility in work practice
- Access to a car and full drivers licence
Duties of the role include:
- To hold a caseload of child in need, child protection and care requirement cases
- To assess the needs of children and families using theoretical frameworks in order to produce, appropriately monitor and review child’s plans (single assessment). These will be within agreed timescales according to need.
- To undertake short term or longer term specific pieces of work as directed following the completion of child’s plans or as a result of child protection registration.
- To respond to child protection concerns via the implementation and monitoring of robust child protection plans and undertake any assessment or investigation as required by the team manager on any allocated cases.
- To ensure that child protection and child in need procedures are adhered to and provide monthly governance information on statutory visits, core groups and child protection plan reviews.
- To provide effective evidence based interventions to families where children are in need of protection and to present such cases to child protection conferences.
- £ 39244 Per year
- Full time
- Job Level
- Qualified (non-manager)
Posted 23 Nov 2016
Closes 20 May 2017
This job was posted to: Community care, Social worker, Support worker